Monday, March 22, 2010

I did something!

Last Saturday I had laundry and dishes caught up so I was dinkin around on the computer while Abraham was sleeping. I started getting bored with that so I thought what can I do?!?!? I thought of something!! Sam and I have talked about taking the carpet in the living room up since we moved in and I knew that it wasn't going to get done if I didn't start it right then, because as you know spring is coming quickly and that means we are busy busy busy. So I just started in on it, taking baseboards off, got that done and Abe was still asleep, so then started ripping the carpet up, and taking the tack strips up. Abraham ended up sleeping for almost 3 hours, and I got a lot done in that time, and I wanted to keep going after he was up and Sam wasn't home yet. Anyway, Sam came home and was less than impressed with my timing of taking the carpet up, but is VERY happy I did it and with the results. We knew there were beautiful hardwood floors underneath and this is the way it looks now.

So there are some consequences for not planning ahead, and this is what they are. I can live with it for awhile, but soon we will have to head to lowes and get some trim for the door jams, and I will have to paint so we can put the baseboards back up.

Since everbody looks here for pictures of Abraham, and since today is his 4 month Birthday here is a pic. He really likes this walker. It makes him look like he is standing in the picture, but he isn't, his toes barely touch the floor. He is such a cutie pie! This pic was taken a couple weeks ago, since we still have carpet there!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD JOB! Trissie! The floor really does look nice! :) I liked hearing the real story, like Sam being less than impressed with the timing! :) hahahaha

    I love you and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a blessing watching all of you grow. I have to admit it he is a cutie pie and so smart and alert. I could never have guessed how just looking at him could make everything else melt away. God has truly blessed grandparents. This is a wonderful season of life. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete